Custom Orthotics in Surfers Paradise – Gold Coast.
Our experienced Podiatrist Wade Ellis will assess your individual needs and customise a pair of orthotics on the Gold Coast using the latest technology for the treatment and prevention of foot and lower limb complaints.
Benefits of Custom Orthotics:
- Orthotics are custom shoe insoles which comfortably align, cushion and improve the function of your feet.
- Orthotics are not just for people with foot pain. They can also help those who suffer from back pain, pain in their hips or knees, and people dealing with arthritis-related pain. Foot pain can also result from other health issues, such as diabetes. Orthotics can help with this as well.
- Custom orthotics are tailored to each individual client according to their problems. Usinging state of the art 3D laser technology we capture the shape and structure of your individual feet in seconds using digital scanning technology.
- Orthotics are typically designed to ensure that the bones, ligaments and tendons in your feet and lower legs are aligned and positioned properly. This helps to ease pain and stress on the feet, and can improve the functioning of the muscles over time.
How it Works?
During your initial consultation you will get the opportunity to discuss with Wade your concerns and requirements and whether orthotics are necessary to treat your pain or injury.
Your Podiatrist will complete a thorough history and examination with you, as well as take a detailed impression of your feet, in order to write a prescription for your custom set of orthotics.
This is all sent to our lab run by Podiatrists who build your custom set of orthotics specifically to the requests of Wade based on your needs.
Your custom orthotics are returned to the clinic in 14 days ready for your fitting consultation with Wade.
Book your orthotics consultation
Types of Orthotics
All feet are different and all clients are different, so when we prescribe our orthotics we take into account your history, needs, foot type, shoe type, medical history, activity levels and presenting problems. That means that a runner or athlete that experiences foot pain may receive a certain type of treatment, while an individual with heel pain or inflamed ligaments will receive a different orthotics treatment.
Our orthotics offer almost endless design and style options, from thin and flexible to extra support we can do it all. Even shoe specific orthotics are available eg. football boots, ski boots, running shoes, work boots and school shoes.
The two most common orthotic options include:
- Full length orthotic (from heel to toe) – This is the most common type of orthotic and is typically for improved support and comfort with walking, running and/or activity. It can also be customised if you need it for a specific sport. Full length orthotics are generally made for a shoe with a full-length removable lining.
- Half length orthotic (from heel to forefoot) – This type of orthotic is generally for people with less room in the front toe region of shoes. It can also be made to increase the ease of moving between shoes.
Your Podiatrist will always assess the best type of orthotics to meet your needs.
Physiotherapy treatments available to you
Thorough explanation of your diagnosis and your treatment plan
Joint mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
Nerve gliding techniques to treat nerve pain and irritation
Massage and release of tight muscles
Postural assessments and corrective exercises
Core stability programs
Individualised exercise & gym programs
Strong back & core, or strong shoulders classes
KLT functional strength training
Sports specific rehabilitation for your chosen sport
Workcover injuries ~ return to work clinic
Hypermobility clinic for hypermobile clients
Occupational Physio, including worksite assessments and functional capacity evaluations
Workplace & home assessments
Get in touch today!
Our central location
Suite C55B, Level 2
Circle on Cavill Shopping Centre
Surfers Paradise QLD 4217
Fax: 07 5641 7849
2-hour Free Parking available (collect a voucher from admin)
Monday to Friday:
8:00am to 7:00pm
9.00am - 5.00pm, Mon-Fri
Evenings by Appointment
Home Visits by Appointment